Angel House B&B
Angel Bank, Angelbank
This has been a pub name since the medieval period reflecting the connection between religious establishments and travellers hostels. When it was a coaching inn during the 16th and 17th locals knew it as the Old Angel and it is now a grade II listed building. Since 1233, when the town walls were constructed, Ludlow has been a concentrated centre of traffic and the old coaching inns were used to change horses and pick up passengers. The coach and village wagon entrance is still visible and it isn’t hard to imagine the many accidents that occurred between the narrow arches. In one particularly sad accident, two children were killed and their unhappy ghosts still roam that entrance and other parts of the pub.