Jubilee Hill, Pelynt Looe
A proprietor renamed this 300-year-old pub for the half-century celebration festivals of Queen Victoria in 1887. In the good old days, locals knew it as the Ax Inn. The most unpleasant of brutal bootleggers, Fyn and his sister Black Joan, frequented this pub. There have been stories through the years that this fiendish pair are resident at this inn as phantoms. Witnesses see and hear a terrible clamour accompanied by the smells of tobacco and rum. Just off the coast and easily accessible by vessel is St. George's Island which assumed a basic part in the neighbourhood smuggling enterprise as it was here that bootleggers stashed gigantic parcels of material and barrels of spirits in anticipation of collecting on suitably dull and moonless nights.