The Plough and Harrow
24 Riverside, Eynsford, Dartford, Kent
A ghostly woman , witnesses report, to haunt the area immediately outside the pub, with , witnesses have seen, tapping on a window with a coin. The building itself is home to a poltergeist. The Plough has history from 1648. Once called the Harrow, it was bought by a teetotaller, Elliot Till, who closed it down as a pub. After some rebuilding, Mr Till opened it as a hotel, called the Castle. He designed it so that the bar and taproom were separate from the hotel, with no beer sales on Sundays to anyone. He allowed only one alcoholic drink a day during the week to each person.