A3055, Ryde, Isle of Wight
A castellated building that dates from by Henry 8th in 1540 as a fortress, with its main aim was to protect the Spithead and the Solent from any French invasion. It was a hospital during the First World War and army headquarters during the Second World War. There , people have claimed, to be at least five ghosts here; one of them is particularly mischievous and it is claimed to be the most haunted inn on the Island. There have been reports of dark figures moving along corridors late at night. Some of the ghosts here are reported to be dead soldiers and sailors from the two world wars.