Named after a hound once used for tracking and hunting game, the Talbot has history dating back to 1453. It was on the main coaching road to Portsmouth and Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton stayed here on several occasions. It exhibits ghostly manifestations from its coaching days when a drunken coachman fell downstairs and broke his neck. He now appears dressed in a long black coat with a cape around his shoulders.
We are sorry, but this hostelry is not taking reservations from our site right now. Don’t worry, please search below and still visit this epic hostelry.