Cinque Port Arms
Clarence Pl, Dover, Kent
Before 1816, this locals knew it as the Coach and Horses and, judging from forensic tests of beams, the building is over 300 years old. During one renovation, a pair of pointed slippers, as worn by court jesters, someone found behind the brickwork. A 16th century inglenook fireplace has also been uncovered in good condition. Late at night, there are sounds of manic laughter and slapping from around that fireplace. This is the only English pub haunted by humourists; the others are of a much more serious nature.