The King and Queen
17 Marlborough Place, Brighton, East Sussex
It is an impressive looking pub opposite a park. However, it has far less years on the clock than would appear. During the early 1920s and ‘30s, many pubs underwent an architectural change and opted for mock Tudor or Elizabethan with external timber beaming. This was one of them. The original building was a farmhouse in 1723, becoming an inn in 1779, with named after George 3rd and Queen Charlotte. The resident ghosts are seldom seen, with most of the activity is poltergeist. It can be ferocious in the Tudor Room and windows open and close with loud bangs. There is a large fireplace in one bar, with staff heard shouting in indistinct voices from that place.