The Kings Head
Kings Head Passage, Market Square, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
The King's Head inn is one of the most established open houses with a drilling yard in the south of England. The most established piece of the building is from the thirteenth century. It may have been some piece of a neighbourhood friary. Amid the English Civil War, Aylesbury underpinned the Parliamentarians against Charles first. It was utilized this pub as their central command. There are three phantoms frequenting the pub. One is a Gray Lady seen remaining by the chimney in the Great Hall. There is an alternate in the hall by the red staircase. Workers accept she was a house cleaner who tumbled to her passing around 1900. The third apparition is of a man wearing out-dated suit. He shows up in the basements. The Great Hall of the King's Head is the most established standing structure on location, going once more to the 1470s. It contains a fine stained glass window, which initially had been at the close-by Greyfriars' religious community. The Gatehouse Chamber dates from the sixteenth century. Assize Courts met here. The scandalous Judge George Jeffreys was one of the managing judges. Individuals moved the expansive medieval hearth here from the Great Hall. It is graffiti, possibly carved by troops whilst garrisoned here amid the English Civil War. Specialists discovered Flintlock guns with swords right on time in the twentieth century. Somebody had disguised these in a 'minister opening'. These weapons had fit in with troops. The old inn was at one time an army for troops.