12 Clydesdale Street, Hamilton
The Clydesdale Inn was earlier the Clydesdale Hotel fabricated in 1791, by the Town Council, as a top of the line coaching inn. In 1827, the exquisite assembly rooms were added to the back. By mid 1800s, this hostelry had turned into a vital staging post. Coaches would depart for Edinburgh, Glasgow, and London. William and Dorothy Wordsworth, as well as, Charles Dickens were among its guests. In addition, there was a Franciscan Friary on terrains conceded by Robert the Bruce, sited between the Clydesdale Inn and Greyfriars Church. It is claimed that the inn is haunted by a dark friar.