Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns
High Street, Weedon, Weedon Bec
An old farmhouse conversion, this lodging has a history in excess of 250 years. A little stream with moorings runs behind the inn and the locale was previously known in AD 944 as Weydone, early English for a slope with a pagan sanctuary. In 1379 it became Wedone Bec from the manorial fasten of Bec. The hotel shows spooky signs including one little youngster who makes happy by day but screams at night.