49 Cambridge Road, Wadesmill
The ‘feathers’ in a pub name is typically a reference to the crest adopted by the 14th century Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, eldest son of Edward III. Locals once knew this fine old former coaching inn as the Princes Arms. It changed its name in 1670. For many years, it was one of the busiest coaching inns along that route. One day when horses and coaches were running in and out of the yard, a coach knocked down and killed a little girl with fair hair. Employees and visitors have seen the ghost of a young girl who is always weeping on a large number of occasions.