173 Coxtie Green Road Brentwood Essex, Pilgrims Hatch
The White Hart is an ancient coaching inn, which dates back to at least 1480. The pub has a cobblestone courtyard surrounded by timber-framed buildings where horses were stabled. Witnesses have seen an eccentric looking man as a ghost in this courtyard. He dressed in an ostler’s uniform of the mid-1800s. There has been much in the way of poltergeist activity here. An unseen presence taps customers on the shoulder as they stand drinking.